Since the start of the pandemic, travel restrictions put in place by the U.K. government have made it hard for people to visit the U.K. But as rules change and restrictions are looked at again, global travel to the U.K. is rising. So, is the government right now giving out tourist visas? Has travel outside the country started up again? Here’s the totality you must understand about a tourist visa for the U.K.
Do I require a U.K. tourist visa?
What kinds of tourist visas exist?
- Short-term Visa
- Long-term Visa
With a Standard Tourist Visa, you can usually stay in the U.K. for up to 6 months. You may be able to stay longer if:
- You’re going to visit family or travel for up to six months.
- You have an ADS agreement that lets you travel for up to 30 days.
- You’re coming to the U.K. for up to 11 months of private medical care.
- If you are an academic and meet the requirements, you, your spouse or partner, and your children may be able to stay for up to 12 months.
- You are putting in an application to be an organ donor for a family member or close friend.
Long term Visa
If you need to go to the U.K. often for a longer time, you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5, or 10 years. You can stay for up to 6 months each time you come. If you are under 18 when you apply, your long-term Standard Visitor visa will only be good for up to 6 months after you turn 18. You can’t get your money back.
- Proof of frequent short stays in the U.K.
- Proof that you plan to leave the U.K. when your visa is up.
- Verification that you won’t change the Reason why you need this visa.
Processing time for a U.K. tourist visa
If you apply online, you won’t hear about your U.K. visitor visa for at least 3 weeks. Standard Visitor visas, on the other hand, take an average of 6 weeks to decide on. You can check here to see if, depending on where you live, you can get a decision on your visa faster. Please keep in mind that you will get a letter or email with the answer to your application. This will tell you what the next step is.
The application process for a tourist visa to the United Kingdom
Fill out the application form online.
Before you go to the U.K., you must apply for a visa online if you need one. Most of the time, the online application form for a U.K. visa has questions like:
- Name and last name.
- Country where they live.
- Marital status.
- The Number for you.
- The Number on a passport.
- The reason why they want to come to the U.K.
- Information about you that is not on your application.
Collect the necessary papers
As part of your application for a U.K. visa, you must send in some required documents to support your case. You should provide a passport or take trips document. Your green card should be valid the whole time you are in the U.K. and have a blank page for your visa. When you apply online, you will be told what other documents and info you need to bring. Any documents not in English or Welsh must have a certified translation.
You’ll need to show the following to get a U.K. tourist visa:
- The times you want to go to the U.K.
- Tell them where you’ll be staying, how much you think the trip will cost, where you live now, and how long you’ve been there.
- the names and birth dates of your parents (if known)
- How much money do you make a year (if you have an income)
- Information about any crimes, civil offenses, or immigration violations you may have committed
You might also have to provide
- Tell me about your trips over the past 10 years.
- The address and phone number of your boss,
- Name, date of birth, passport number of your partner, and the name and address of anyone paying for your trip. The name, address, and passport number of family members living in the U.K.
Fees for U.K. tourist visas
It costs £100 for a Standard Visitor visa. The cost is £200 to extend a short-term visa for 11 to 12 months. The cost of a Standard Visitor visa for a long stay depends on how long it is:
- 2 years – £376
- 5 years – £670
- 10 years – £837
Tourist visa application denied in the United Kingdom.
Even a small mistake can cause the U.K. Home Office to turn down your application for a U.K. visa. Some of the following things could lead to rejection:
- Missing documents.
- Trying to get the wrong kind of visa.
- Not being able to show that you have enough money to stay in the U.K.
- Fraudulent documents.
- You have stayed too long on a trip before.
- A criminal past.
How can I appeal a decision to deny me a U.K. visa?
When your U.K. visa application is turned down, you will be told why it was turned down. If you don’t think the decision was fair, you can appeal the denial of your visa.
To appeal the decision not to give you a visa, you’ll need to do the following:
- Form IAFT-2 is an appeal form that you need to fill out.
- Please send it to the Immigration and Asylum Chambers of the United Kingdom.
- The documents will be sent to the right people by this group.
- A new choice will be made, and the applicant will be told about it in writing.
- But if the decision doesn’t change, you can try again and fix the mistakes you made the first time.
My ordinary visiting visa to the U.K. may be extended.
Yes, you can apply to extend your U.K. Tourist Visa or Standard Visitor Visa if any of the following apply:
- You must spend less than 6 months in the U.K. as a whole.
- Before your current visa expires, you apply online for a visa extension.
- From the U.K., you ask for a visa extension.
You must get your biometric residence permit when you plan to stay in the U.K. for more than 6 months. Depending on where you came from, you may also have to take a tuberculosis test as part of your application.